Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Flight and Rock Beach

The flight over to Malta was an overnight flight, but of course I couldn't sleep at all. It was 11 hours and 20 minutes with an hour and 40 minutes of layover in Heathrow, London. It was SUPPOSED to depart at 9:40 PM on Sunday but it was delayed an hour, so I really only had 40 minutes of layover to catch my flight from London to Malta. Heathrow is a giant airport, and I needed to take a shuttle to get to my terminal, and then get checked by security again. Thankfully I had nothing to hide and I got to the boarding area just in time and caught my flight.
Here's a pic of the Virgin Atlantic Airbus that flew me from Boston to London. Massive!



This is a picture taken from London to Malta, flying over the Alps in Southern France. 

I also met up with these 3 friend-O's Ali, Angelika, and Eleanor on my connecting flight to Malta! 

The flight landed at 3 PM Malta time on Monday, and I spent the rest of the day settling in and food shopping. The next day we went to Sliema which is on the Northern Coast of the Island. The beaches here are rock beaches. 


 The water was crazy because it has been really windy here the last couple days. The warning level was 2 red flags which is the highest warning level, but that didn't stop these brave souls from getting their Mediterranean fix.

They also cut out pools into the rock so that when the tide goes out, there are pools that you can chill in. Pretty cool! Going back to Sliema tomorrow after my first day of work. It's going to be 30 degrees Celsius tomorrow, or 86 Fahrenheit. Prime beach weather!

Also in case anyone is trying to reach me, the place I'm staying has wifi, so I'll be able to Facebook message, and iMessage from time to time when I'm here. I'm going to set up a Skype account one of these days too. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you got to go on an airbus! You know how fascinated I am by airbuses! I'm adding your blog to my list of favorite blogs - http://www.pinkwatermelons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete